It's true, and you know it.
Look at the symptoms:
- The mysterious passage of lost time.
- The performance of once-simple tasks becomes miraculous; even trivial acts become magical.
- The illusion of natural mastery.
- A newness you deny to yourself and others will ever end.
- You see the face of your beloved in the faces of strangers. That is, everyone suddenly is proceeded by a $ in PERL, or the global people wear capitals.
- You find yourself in the presence of your lover's friends, a whole new society with different rules, and, at first anyway, they make you feel welcome.
You've been there. God knows I have. Now go out and buy the big O'Reilly book.